Job Title: Assistant Program Director
Wage: $90,000-$110,000 annually, DOE
Position Status: This is a full-time, exempt, 12-month appointment.
Location: Remote work from one of the following Bay Area Counties: Sonoma, Solano, Marin, Alameda or Contra Costa
Supervisor: SBDC Associate Region Director – Programs
GENERAL INFORMATION: The Northern California Small Business Development Center is a program of Humboldt State University’s Sponsored Programs Foundation and is operated with special funding under contract in cooperation with the U.S. Small Business Administration. The program serves the business community in northern California (36 counties of San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley and north to the Oregon border) with non-credit education and consulting. This position is a full-time, benefited, 12-month position located in the Bay Area.
JOB OVERVIEW: A Norcal SBDC representative in the Bay Area in charge of day-to-day management of Service Centers that are in transition, and providing general assistance to the Norcal SBDC Associate Director of Programs in programmatic projects and initiatives. The position focuses on facilitating a broader use of regional best practices across the Norcal SBDC Network, assisting in maintaining standard operating procedures, and reporting on programmatic activities to state and federal funders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
FOCUS AREA 1: Attend to Needs and Opportunities of SBDC Service Centers in transition
- Act as the Interim Director for SBDC centers until a permanent director can be
- Collaborate with Norcal Program Director to train new SBDC Service Center
- Assist with RFP (Request for Proposals) processes in the Bay
- Manage transitional Service Center business advising teams, operating budgets and fiscal and programmatic reporting for grant activities.
- Facilitate and ensure activities meet Norcal SBDC standards and that activities are in line with community small business needs.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder and partner relationships in transitional Service Center
FOCUS AREA 2: Development of Regional Program Resources
- Identify and share best practices across the
- Develop a comprehensive library of regional best practices for SBDC
- Participate in regional SBDC leadership
- Develop collaborative working relationships with all center
- Attend major events produced by SBDC centers and partners as a representative of the Norcal SBDC Lead Center or a Service Center in transition.
- Participate in the Norcal SBDC Regional strategic planning process on behalf of centers managed as well as regional initiatives.
- Participate in Neoserra trainings and Neoserra focus group
- Collaborate with Programs team on internal and external trainings, database management as well as Regional Special Initiatives as needed.
FOCUS AREA 3: Programmatic Compliance activities
- Help to maintain up-to-date standard operating
- Coordinate regional program review preparation and conduct a cursory review of submitted documentation before the live review takes place.
- Assist Program Director in creating and monitoring action plans for Service Centers that have corrections identified in their Program Reviews.
- Participate in Service Center Program Reviews and draft programmatic reports
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE – Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or other related field; must possess a valid California driver’s license; must be able and willing to travel overnight and work evenings on occasion. Preferred MBA. The candidate should possess 5+ years experience in one or more of the following areas: working as a Small Business Development Center Director or SBDC Business Advisor, or past entrepreneurship experience, or experience managing federal grants or other programs designed to assist small businesses at the federal, state and local levels.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES – Knowledge of and experience in project and program management; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; exhibit leadership in management and planning; effectively plan, organize and evaluate programs; develop and effectively manage a budget; evaluate computer systems needed to operate the program; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with business and industry representatives in diverse fields and from a variety of ethnic and economic backgrounds; perform effectively under the pressure of deadlines and other administrative demands.
Qualified applicants should submit the following items via email to the HR/Office Manager at email@example.com. If you have any questions regarding the application materials, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Three professional reference contacts
- HSU SPF Employee Information Form for Applicants
Application Review Date: April 28th, 2022 by 5pm (open until filled)
Humboldt State University Sponsored Programs Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. More information about HSU SPF’s Equal Employment Opportunity hiring can be found here.
For assistance with the application process, please submit an Accommodation Request Form, which can be found here or contact ADA Coordinator at 707.826.3626 or confidential fax at 707.826.3625. For more information regarding accommodation, you may also visit the HSU Human Resources website at http://www.humboldt.edu/hsuhr. Individuals in need of a telecommunications relay service may contact the California Relay Service at 877.735.2929 TTY.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered this position within HSU SPF. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current HSU SPF employees who apply for this position